1 cupJasmine rice
1½ cupsWhole milk
2 cupsHeavy Cream
½ tspGround cardamom
½Vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- Prep the sugar, brown sugar, salt and xantham gum by gently mixing them together.
- Pour the milk in a pot, whisk in the sugar/xantham mixture.
- Add the corn syrup.
- Heat the milk mixture on low-medium heat stirring constantly until it thickens and the sugar is completely melted into the milk. Make sure not to let it boil because the milk will curdle. Start with a lower temperature and let it heat up slowly for more control.
- Once thickened, whisk in the peanut butter until the mixture is homogenous.
- Once it's cooled down a little, add the heavy cream and stir to mix.
- Let sit overnight in the fridge (or at least 4 hours). *Do not skip this step or it will not freeze properly.
- Add to your ice cream maker and freeze according to the machine's instructions. Add the chopped oreos when there is about 5 minutes left in the churning. Stop churning when it reaches the consistency of soft serve.
- You can eat it right away for softer ice cream or freeze it for several hours to have harder ice cream. Share this recipe